- High grade Rowan gold deposit in the prolific Red Lake Gold District of Ontario, Canada – exploration potential open at depth
- West Red Lake Project hosts three former gold mines located 15 km west of the Red Lake mine complex operated by Evolution Mining
- Evolution Mining is a partner at the Rowan Mine property (RLG owns 64% and is the operator; Evolution Mining owns 36%)
- Management team track record: growing junior resource companies and attracting high profile acquisition partners
NI 43-101 inferred resource estimate of 4,468,900 tonnes at an average grade of 7.57 grams gold per tonne containing 1,087,700 ounces of gold at the Rowan Mine deposit dated February 16 2016 NI 43-101
West Red Lake Gold Mines trades on the Canadia Securties Exchange under the symbol RLG, on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the symbol HYK, and on the OTCQB under the symbol RLGMF.
West Red Lake Project Highlights
- 3100 hectare property encompassing three former gold mines:
- Rowan Mine
- Red Summit Mine
- Mount Jamie Mine
- Property has a 12km strike length and includes the intersection of key geological structures – Pipestone Bay St Paul Deformation Zone and the NT Zone
- Major gold deposits in the Red Lake Gold District are associated with regional scale deformation zones
- Exploration work is focused on drilling high grade gold zones on the Rowan Mine property (RLG owns 64% and is the operator; Evolution Mining owns 36%)
- Potential to increase the current Rowan Deposit inferred resource (Feb. 2016 NI 43-101)
- Good exploration potential and positive initial results at the 2km long NT Zone
The Company property is situated on the Red Lake Archean Greenstone Belt, which hosts the high-grade gold mines of the Red Lake Gold District.
The 3100 hectare West Red Lake Project has 12km of strike length on the regional east-west trending Pipestone Bay St Paul Deformation Zone. Three former gold mines – Rowan Mine, Mount Jamie Mine, and Red Summit Mine – are all situated along the deformation zone on the Company property.
A second regional gold bearing structure, the NT Zone, trends northeast on to the property and intersects with the Pipestone Bay St Paul Deformation Zone approximately 1km east of the Rowan Mine.
Fifteen km to the east of the West Red Lake Project a similar intersection of two regional gold bearing geological structures occurs proximal to the world-class Red Lake Mine and Campbell Mine, providing a favourable geological model. This similar structural intersection illustrates the significant exploration potential for high-grade gold zones on the Company’s West Red Lake Project.
Exploration work is focused on drilling high grade gold zones at the West Red Lake Project.
Geologically, the West Red Lake Project is situated at the west end of the Red Lake Gold District which is comprised of a series of six metavolcanic/metasedimentary supracrustal assemblages intruded by several bodies of variable size, form, and composition. All of the assemblages have undergone several phases of deformation and metamorphism. The rocks, of Mesoarchean and Neoarchean age, form part of the larger Uchi Subprovince of the Superior Province of the Canadian Shield. At least two major deformation events have affected the rocks of the Red Lake Gold District resulting in the generation of interference fold structures on all scales. Major gold deposits in the Red Lake Gold District are associated with regional scale deformation zones. The most significant deposits occur where two of the regional structures intersect.
The Rowan Mine property is comprised of 119 claims. A joint venture with Evolution Mining includes 117 of these claims and the other two claims, which host the Red Summit Mine, are owned 100% by the Company. The joint venture claims are 64% owned by West Red Lake Gold and 36% owned by Evolution Mining, and include 50 patented, 18 leased, and 49 staked claims. The Rowan Mine property hosts significant regional gold bearing structures which intersect near the former producing Rowan Mine. The Rowan Mine was in development from the late 1930s to the 1950s with mine workings consisting of a vertical shaft, three levels including an adit on the first level, and underground exploration of drifting and raising along several gold zones.
The NT Zone is located on the Rowan Mine Property portion of the West Red Lake Project. The NT Zone trends north-east from the south property boundary for a distance of 2 km and then appears to fold around to the north-west where this regional scale structure intersects with the east-west trending Pipestone Bay St Paul Deformation Zone. The NT Zone is located approximately 800 metres south-east of the Rowan Mine gold deposit.
MOUNT JAMIE MINE PROPERTY
The Mount Jamie Mine property is 100% owned and consists of 26 claims – 9 patented, 1 leased, and 16 staked claims. The property hosts the past producing Mount Jamie Mine which is situated on the east-west trending regional gold bearing structure known as the Pipestone Bay St Paul Deformation Zone.
The Red Summit Mine Property consist of two 100% owned patented claims situated within the Rowan Mine property. The Red Summit Mine claims are situated on a regional east-west trending gold bearing structure known as the Pipestone Bay St Paul Deformation Zone.